Included In My Class:
The Official DPS Texas License To Carry (formally known as Concealed Handgun License) Training Course.
1. All Required DPS Paperwork/ CHL- 100 Form
2. Eye and Ear Protection
3. Required B-27 Target
Not Included In My Class:
1. Range Fee
1. Sign up for a class date and make a payment online.
2. Click here to go to the Texas Department of Public Safety (TXDPS) web site.
3. Complete the forms and pay your state licensing fee. Remember there are several discounts available for veterans and senior citizens, as well as law enforcement. If you don’t have an exemption, the state fee is $140 for the first 4+ years.
4. Download the forms they tell you download. At a minimum, it will include a cover sheet with a big bar code on it. Don’t miss this step. If you were born out of the country, click here to see what documents TXDPS accepts.
5. Schedule a fingerprinting appointment. Call the number provided from TXDPS or go on-line and set an appointment with the state contractor. This is $10
6. Bring all your materials to class. At the successful conclusion of my class, I will give you the CHL-100 form needed for the TXDPS.